Colney Heath 2-0 Edgware Town F.C.


League game played away - Saturday 16th March 2019

Cain Davies

Sam Addae

Rio Beech

Callum Ellesley

George McCluskey

Mark Burgess

Callum Doyle

Ryan Carruthers

Theophilius Ofri

Craige Tomkins

Shammar Swaby

Omalolu Onabolu

Eisa Azab

Deon Marshall

Fergus Moore

Not a great game as the windy conditions played havoc but the Wares had the best chances and were playing with the wind. The second half was always going to be different. The Wares were yet again undone by the referee who conspired to screw the green army over, this time with a non existent penalty with the Wares well in the game. No disrespect to Colney who took their chances well.

In the 5th minute Theo struck a stinger that the keeper saved. A minute later a free kick was awarded to the Wares in a dangerous position. Craige with the kick struck it sweetly but it hit the crossbar. It took a while for the next bit of action to occur and in the 17th Colney Heath had their first shot but it went high and wide. Another 10 minutes or so later Colney Heath had another shot on target but this was well saved by Cain. 10 minutes before half-time Theo hit another shot from distance but this time it was straight at keeper. 

HT 2-0

Within 3 minutes of the start of the half the injured Mark Burgess is replaced by Deon. 5 minutes later a good cross from Shammar just evades Craige to draw level. Typically a minute later a goal goes to Colney Heath from a free kick, the ball is headed back across goal and is tucked home. Unpleasant and on 58 another good chance goes to Colney but Cain not in the mood to let things happen does just enough to put striker off. In the 61st minute there was a good chance for the Wares, another Shammar cross but Beech’s shot was blocked. The Wares built up some pressure but on 65 another goal to Colney as the referee awards a penalty for a coming together, not even a close pen but it is slammed home. Disgraceful refereeing. With 75 on the clock there was a good chance for the Wares from a corner as Callum blazes over. As the game was drawing to a close the Wares continued to put pressure on but without much success. Two last attempts to redress the score were on 88 with a shot from Rio that goes over and on 90 with Craige’s shot that the  keeper saves. 

FT 2-0