Edgware Town 3-0 Colney Heath 


League game played at Home Tuesday 4th December 2018


Greg Marsh 

Sam Addae 

Rio Beech

Paul Marks 

George McCluskey

Mark Burgess 

Steven Benavides 

Ryan Carruthers

Tyriq Hunte 

Ivan Machado

Will Murphy

Omalulu Onabolu

Claudio Tipote 

Tom Fisher

Fergus Moore


After missing out on football on Saturday the Wares were back in action on a chilly night at Silver Jubilee Park. Edgware came straight out of the blocks on a night when they found themselves 3-0 up after 16 minutes but yet this was nowhere near the story of the game. Colney were dominant for the majority of the game from here but were unable to take their chances as Edgware ended the game with all three points.


The Wares in previous weeks had struggled to get off the mark quick enough, but found themselves in front after just 4 minutes through Ryan’s brilliant solo run which set up the perfect start for the Wares. Colney showed some signs of recovery getting balls into the box but doing very little with it, that is until Greg was called into action making a flurry of saves as Colney threatened from corners. It was Edgware though who would add to their lead when Tyriq scored two goals in the space of two minutes to put the Wares 3-0 up after just 16 minutes. Tyriq’s second being a contender for goal of the season. Colney were arguably unlucky to be 3-0 down having enjoyed the majority of the possession and could have got one back when they hit the crossbar from 25 yards out. The Wares did have another 2 clear cut opportunities which could have made it 5 up. Chances then started to become hard to find for both teams as the game settled down from a crazy start to the game. The Colney keeper was in any event well awake to keep out Steven’s close range effort after an inviting ball from Tyriq down the left-hand side.


HT: 3-0


The second half started with an audacious attempt by the Wares to score from the kick-off which in fairness was not quite as accurate as the attempts taken in the first half. Edgware were not as rapid in attack in the second half and found themselves mainly on the back foot though Colney weren’t taking their chances with some poor efforts and missing the target. One effort went just wide of the post. On 58 minutes Will after playing very well made way for Lolu. The game continued and it wasn’t until the 72nd minute that the Wares had their first proper chance of the half when Tyriq broke through on goal, opened up his body to get the ball on his right foot only for his chip to go just over. Steven came off for Claudio on 78. After 35 minutes of missed headers from Colney they finally had their first shot on target an effort that was calmly saved by Greg at the near post. Despite the second half dominance and a caution for Sam, Colney couldn’t find the back of the net and so it was, the Wares won it in the end.


FT: 3-0