Leighton Town 2-2 Edgware Town F.C.


League game played away on Saturday 10th November 2018


Cornor Beattie 

Callum Doyle 

Martin Flannery

Paul Marks 

George McCluskey

Mark Burgess

Rio Beach

Ryan Carruthers

Tyriq Hunte

Omalolu Onabolu

Steven Benavides

Mikkel James

Sam Addae

Ivan Machado

William Murphy

Fergus Moore


A pretty even first half with a couple of chances each. It was a good solid midfield battle with possession even as well. A very entertaining second half with Conor the far busier keeper pulling off three great saves to keep the Wares in the game but the Wares did have a couple of good chances of their own. Third draw in a row. 8 shots generated each with a handful on target.


The Wares had the first corner of the game which lead Marksy to the first shot on target of the game. It took another 6 minutes before another piece of goal mouth action when in the 17th minute Leighton forced Conor into a save. 5 minutes later Callum tried his luck up the other end without success. The game slowed up with possession switching from team to team until the 38th and 39th minute when Leighton forced Conor into another save and Tyriq was on the opposite side trying to do the same. 


HT: 0-0 


In the first 5 minutes of the second half Conor was called into action twice and it wasn’t until the 60 minutes that the Wares fighting hard took momentum away from Leighton for while and started building a bit of pressure of their own ending in a strike at goal from Tryriq. Then a minute later from Ryan. Another save by Conor from a Leighton corner started another wave of pressure from Leighton. On 69 minutes Lolu made way for Mikkel and almost immediately made his presence felt with a shot a goal. Tyriq made way for Ivan in the 75th minute which was just before Leighton forced another save from Conor. Ivan had a strike at goal in the 82 with momentum creeping back to the Wares. The last minutes saw a flurry of activity with Callum both having another attempt at goal but also picking up a caution for a foul. 


FT: 0-0