Edgware Town 1-2 Leighton   


League game played at home Saturday 20th January  


  1. Cain Davies
  2. Sam Addae 
  3. David Sota
  4. Mark Burgess
  5. Perry Aitchision
  6. Rio Beech
  7. Hani Berchiche
  8. Dan Pett
  9. Omabolu Onabolu (Lolu)
  10. Ryan Carruthers
  11. Steven Benavides
  12. Reon Thomas
  13. Darren Bonfield
  14. Mikkel James
  15. Fergus Moore

What can only be described as a game where the opposition wanted it more.


Within the first 3 minutes Cain Davies was called into action. This was a sign of things to come. However, the first 15 minutes was an even affair with both Hani Berchiche and Pett making their goal attempt contributions for the Wares. Cain Davies was called into action again in the 21st minute before the pivotal event of the game in the 31st minute changing the game completely. Sam Addae was fending a player off seeing the ball out of play when the Leighton play took offence at the manner in which he did so. He then made motions to head-butt Sam where contact was made. A red card for the Leighton Player. They then reorganised to a 4-3-2 matching the Wares in midfield. The game didn’t change much with Mark Burgess collecting a yellow in the 42nd minute. 


HT - 0–0


The start of the second half was much of the same, then on 48 minutes a free kick was awarded to the Wares on the edge of the box. Up steps Dan Pett to dispense a perfect set piece into the top corner, 3 minutes later Leighton equalised 1-1. The game ebbed and flowed with the Wares shading possession and looking the more dangerous but Leighton however looking very dangerous on the break.  Ryan Carruthers made way for Reon Thomas in the 71st minute and Reon picking up a caution 3 minutes later. The Wares just couldn't really get hold of the game. On 81 minutes Mikkel James came on for Hani Berchiche. In the 87th minute another turning point in the game, Mark Burgess is given another caution that led to a sending off. A ridiculous decision as the Leighton player dramatically conned the referee for an innocuous challenge. Leighton then threw everything forward in the last minutes to get their winner in the 94th minute.


FT - 1-2