Edgware Town 4-0 Henley Town




FA Vase played at home Saturday 23rd September  


  1. Cain Davies 
  2. Sam Addae
  3. Alfie Hill
  4. Dennis Marhajan
  5. Fergus Moore
  6. Andrew Manitou
  7. Ryan Caruthers
  8. Dan Pett
  9. Mikkel James
  10. Thomas Rivet
  11. Omalolu Onabolu
  12. Luke Durnin
  13. Darren Bonfield
  14. Reon Thomas
  15. Tom Walsh
  16. Maudele Gbo

A comfortable win for the Wares from start to finish. Henley only really came into the game for a short spell in the second half. The Wares dominated and should have made more of their chances with 15 attempts at goal to their 3 and 10 corners to their 1 gives you a flavour of the game.


It took 9 minutes to have a goal scoring opportunity but within minutes, after 13 to be precise the wares through a beautifully brought down ball with a knock over the defender and a volley to strike home Caruthers made it count 1-0. Despite all the possession it took Moore until the 25th minute to have a gilt edge opportunity to double the lead when he found himself free in the box and rush a shot, ‘swivel and strike’ a ball towards goal unsuccessfully. It didn’t take long to consolidate the lead however and on 29th minutes with a ball having been played over the top of the defence to bounce kindly for James to lift the ball over the oncoming keeper and into the back of the net 2-0. It was only several attempts at goal later the Henley had their first real shot at goal on 33 minutes. The Wares continued to play and gained their reward when from a corner in the 42nd minute Lolu scored with a glancing header 3-0. Another chance just before halftime saw James blaze one the bar.


HT 3-0


The second half was much the same but it only took 7 minutes this time from the restart to consolidate the lead with a 52nd minute goal. The Wares entrenched in the Henley half moved the ball around the box nicely eventually to find Pett in a central position just inside the box to slot home 4-0. During this half the Wares despite having the majority of possession weren’t clinical in front of goal. It took too long to take advantage of situations letting the opposition get organised and stifle any further threat. There was about a 10 minute spell where Henley gained momentum without creating much however. Thomas on for James in the 64th minutes led to a 1 v 1 Thomas v the keeper only to strike the ball against the keeper’s legs and go off of a corner kick. Gbo came on for Carruthers in the 68th minute and the show continued as it did when Durnin came on for Rivet in the 77th. In the last 10 or so minutes the Wares had cues forming in and around the Henley box to have a go at goal but it wasn’t to be.   


FT 4-0