Edgware Town 2-1 Risborough Rangers 




FA Vase played at home Saturday 9th September  


  1. Cain Davies 
  2. Sam Addae
  3. Alfie Hill
  4. Perry Aitchison
  5. Michael Kinsella
  6. Dennis Marhajan
  7. Ethan Mooney
  8. Dan Pett
  9. Omalolu Onabolu
  10. Luke Durnin
  11. Rio Beech
  12. Mikkel James
  13. Darren Bonfield
  14. Reon Thomas
  15. Ben Gray
  16. Fergus More

With 12 shots to their 6 and 5 yellow cards to our 1, Risborough struggled to gets to grips with the game overall. Possession was probably 60/40 in the Wares favour and made it count in the result.



The first 15 minutes of the game were dominated by the Wares albeit with a slow start. 2 shots at goal from Pett early on got the Wares in a good frame of mind. It was only in the 14th minute that Risborough had a shot at goal. Rain also started to fall early in the game and the pace of play increased slightly with the ball moving a lot faster. Sustained pressure and some great build up play in the final third concluded with 2 shots at goal from Beech and Kinsella. Risborough forced a counter attack in the 29th minute that came to nothing. Risborough trying to get into the game had several counter attacks ending temely and earning the opposition a yellow card for simulation. 7 minutes later Risborough getting frustrated by Edgware landed a forceful tackle on Hill who had to go off injured with James on to replace him and forcing a small reshuffle with James up top, Lolu out wide and Beech dropping to left back. This break in play with disruption to the flow of the game worked to Risborough’s advantage and in the last 6 minutes gaining 4 free kicks, a corners and a shot at goal.  


HT 0-0


It took 3 minutes for the Wares to get into the game at the start of the second half with Risborough having 3 corners, a free kick and a shot at goal all in that time. It wasn’t long before the Wares replied struggling to get to grips with the start of the second half applying pressure in the their box, the ball bouncing around but eventually cleared. For the next 10 minutes of the match no-one really got hold of the game with it being a fairly even affair. This tide was to turn though in terms of possession and Risborough grabbed hold of the game being frequently on the ball but leaving themselves open to several counter attacks. In the 67th minutes a counter from the Wares saw Lolu receive the ball out wide to cross for James to head home 1-0. It was then a difficult battle for the next 10 or so minutes and then from a counter in midfield Lulo, from a fairly central area, drove in to the box and struck a ball across the keeper to bounced under him and hit the net 2-0. The Wares were then caught napping and allowed Risborough to score. From a free kick the ball bobbled inside the box and was hit home 2-1. The last few minutes were played out without Marhajan who was replaced by Thomas and Edgware taking possession into the corners. 


FT 2-1


A deserved win with great fighting spirit