Edgware Town 3-2 Leverstock Green

1 Davies 
2 Blackburn M
3 Addae
4 Burton
5 More
6 Rivet
7 Mooney
8 Pett
9 James
10 Durnin
11 Onabolu
12 Hill
14 Carruthers
15 Berchiche
16 Aitchison
17 Awosika
18 Bonfield

It took 16 minutes to get the first shot on target, this was for the Wares in what seemed to be a fairly even start before a flurry of attacks at the Leverstock goal. During one of these Mikkel broke his nose and had to be replaced by Hanni who took just moments after to score. The goal seemed to spur the home side to attack with several waves of their own before scoring just inside halftime, going into the break all even.

Moments after the restart Leverstock struck at goal only to produce a great save by Cain. With this fresh in mind, the Wares went on an attack of their own and from a resulting corner Ferg/skipper/player-manager heads one into the back of the net (possibly the oldest ever FA cup goal scorer). Leverstock strike at goal shortly after, only to be denied again by Cain. A couple of substitutes later the Wares potentially disorientated by the changes, Leverstock score their equaliser. Substitutions and free kicks befall the next 15 minutes for both sides until in the 89th minute of the game Edgware make it count and go 3-2 up.

It surely should have been all over but nearly an extra 8 minutes were played of injury time (where those came from is anybody's guess) and a minute before the end of time as signalled by the referee, a Leverstock player falls badly on his ankle. “Don’t move him” came the cry, so it was deemed too dangerous to move the player and the match was abandoned. Any good statistician could see that the game would have been won by the Wares before the final whistle.

Controversy loomed as the decision on the outcome of the game was left in the hands of the FA. Reports were submitted by all parties concerned and within the space of days the FA released their decision for the game to be replayed. This was on the basis that “it was too close to call with a minute still left to play, anything could have happened and given Edgware scored deep into injury time in the first game it seems only fair”.

Game to be replayed in it’s entirety on Tuesday 15th August.