Edgware Town 2 - Burnham 2

Combined Counties League Premier Division North

Burnham 2 (0)
Edgware 2 (1)

By Gavin Shaw

It was the late late show at the 1878 Stadium as two goals scored deep into stoppage time saw both teams share the points.

Burnham had a early effort on goal, Michael Anguzu called upon to deny the hosts an early lead on 2 minutes, using his feet to good effect.

'The Wares' midfield showed 3 changes, Josh Lancaster came in for his first start in place of injured Sony Novel - Bruce, new signing Darnell Luke came in for the injured Gustavo Tamayo with Mo Kahdum replacing Perry Price who was unavailable.

On just 8 minutes there was a further change to the heart of the Edgware midfield, Hafid Bounyafe pulling up with a strain.

'The Wares' coped well to the adjustments and looked the brighter of the two sides

Nile Waite had a couple of chances, Carl Dennison in the 'Blues' goal pulling off good stops on 22 & 24 minutes.

On 33 minutes Yannick Bitsindou saw his header fly just over the bar.

Edgware were putting together some good passages of play and deservedly took the lead just before the interval.

'The Wares' broke the deadlock on 45+2, following a Burnham corner the ball was played out of defence to Mo Kahdum who broke away, his fine run, culminating with a calmly dispatched shot past Dennison for 1-0.

On 65 minutes Rob Magwood was somewhat harshly booked when it appeared he had the ball cleanly

From the resulting free kick Burnham got back on level terns, Dean Qwvani's header on 66 minutes from a delivery from the right beating Anguzu at his far post for 1-1.

There was to be late drama in stoppage time as Theo Ofori had seemingly given Edgware all 3 points.

'Wares' keeper Anguzu played a early pass to Waite who ran through at goal, Dennison did well to anticipate the counter attack and just managed to beat Waite to the ball with a clearing header, however the ball fell to the on-running Ofori who calmly placed the ball into the back of the empty net with a deft volley from 30 yards to make it 2-1.

'The Wares' jubilation was short lived, conceding a corner out on Burnham's right, the ball fell to Quvani who beat Anguzu from close range to get his brace and make it 2-2 on 90+6.