Edgware Town F.C. 3-3 Harpenden Town FC


League game played at Home - Saturday 28th December 2019


Frazer Siddall

Bradley Robinson

Rio Beech

Martin Flannery

George McCluskey

Danny Taylor

Eisa Azab

Dan Pett

Scott McGleish

Theo Ofori

Felix Amoah

Ethan Mooney

Mark Burgess

Steven Benavides

Adam Page

Ryan Carruthers


A very good game. The Wares started strong and despite an individual error for the first goal it still needed to to finished and set up the game from then on. It was a very good first half coming in at half time 2 up with 5 attempts at goal with 4 on target, Harpenden only managing 2 on target. It was very much Harpenden in the second half as they tried to get back in the game and then tried to win it. It was a hard fought draw for Harpenden in the end.


The first 5 minutes saw the Wares put a high level of pressure on the opposition. So much so that it forced an error from one of the centre-back who tried to switch play deep in their defensive half. McGleish intercepted the switch, controlled the ball, faked a shot to set up a better opportunity before firmly striking into the back of the net 1-0. For the next 20 minutes or so the Wares try to press their advantage further and in the 23rd minutes a great team move and then solo effort by Beech to make his way from the halfway line into the box, received a 1-2, fake a shot to draw in the defender, push the ball out of his feet and slot the ball home 2-0. Harpenden seem to galvanise in the last 15 but to no avail.


HT: 2-0


The game resumes with both teams not really gaining momentum. Both teams foray into opposition territory with no real end product. On one of these penetrating moves in the 62nd minute the Harpenden number 10 puts in a cross that sails above everyone and nestles in the top far corner of the goal 2-1. A complete surprise but the Wares weren’t phased a quick substitution that saw Amoah come off for Mooney in the 66th and within 2 minutes the Wares in a lovely move end with a smart short through ball into the box for McGleish to dummy a shot and drag back on to his left foot for a strike into the top corner 3-1. This seemed to be the turning point of the second half as Harpenden gain momentum and go on the offensive. Entering the last phase of the game the Wares make 2 substitutions that saw Flannery and Azab make way for Burgess and Carruthers. In the 80th minute the Wares fail to clear a ball that lands into the path of the Harpenden striker that strikes the ball from point blank into the net 3-2. Harpenden keep pressing as the Wares try to contain them and in the 87th minute the Wares concede a free kick on the edge of the box which is converted into the near post 3-3.


FT: 3-3


For more details go to: https://www.goalshouter.com/matches/112193


Video Link: https://youtu.be/M2MJPjs4rKU