Arlesey F.C. 0-0 Edgware Town F.C.


League game played at Away - Saturday 2nd March 2019


Cain Davies

Sam Addae

Rio Beech

Paul Marks 

George McCluskey

Denis Maharjan

Callum Doyle

Ryan Carruthers

Tom Fisher

Omalolu Onabolu

Steven Benavides

William Tadjalli

Fergus Moore

Jordan Palmer-Samuals

Martin Flannery


A great first half performance from the Wares with good possession and some excellent play. Well on top. With 7 attempts at goal to Arlesey’s 1 all that was missing was a goal. A very poor second half though and was a shame as it looked very promising at the end of the first half.


Opening minutes went to Arlesey with a corner and an attempt off target. As the game wore on there was some good build up play by the Wares which led to a shot off target. Then some good combination play around the box shortly after ended with Lolu’s shot going just over as the Wares got a foothold. A bit of pressure on the Arlesey back four to win the ball outside the Arlesey box led to a shot from Steven and Callum headers over shortly after from a corner. The Wares were on top and leading into the last minutes of the first half and some nice build up play led to a solo effort from Tom Fisher but it goes just wide. The last action of the half was a deft chip over the defence that saw Lolu try to chip the keeper but the ball went just wide. 


HT 0-0


It was a fairly even start to the half. Lolu had a shot came off a defender and into Tom Fisher’s feet as he laid it off for Rio who struck and hit the crossbar. Arlesey had their first shot of the game on target about 15 minutes in but Cain held comfortably. Shortly after a free kick was awarded to Arlesey which resulted in the ball hitting the post the Wares then cleared. Game had evened out. The game became scrappy with both sides not really get a good grip. A corner to Arlesey resulted in a scrambled clearance. Most of the game was played out in midfield with both teams finding it difficult to penetrate. With about 15 to go William Tadjalli come on for Tom Fisher. Shortly after Arlesey too brought on fresh legs. The game didn’t change much. Ferg came on for the injured Denis as the game came to a close and there were some very tired players at the end with plenty of errors on display mainly down to the windy conditions. 


FT 0-0