Edgware Town F.C. 2-3 Arlesey F.C.


League game played at Home- Saturday 16th February 2019


Cain Davies

Sam Addae

David Sota

Paul Marks 

George McCluskey

Denis Maharjan

Steven Benavides

Ryan Carruthers

Omalolu Onabolu

Tyriq Hunte 

Rio Beech

Tyrone Mulholland

Ivan Machado

Ethan Mooney

Fergus Moore


A fairly even first half with both keepers not having much to do but Arlesey playing good football and the Wares playing long today. All to play for in the second half but it wasn’t to be, the Wares pushed hard for an equaliser in an entertaining game but just fell short. Arlesey took their chances well but maybe a draw was a fairer result.


It was a fast start from both teams but the Wares had the first and second chances. 3 minutes had gone before Arlesey answered back with a shot that just fliew wide. A couple of minutes later in the 5th minute another chance for Arlesey but the shot went straight at Cain. In the 15th minute as Arlesey were playing good football and putting the Wares under pressure, the Wares made their first substitution. An injury to Denis saw Tyrone come. Shortly after that in the 21st minute a very intricate move from the Wares allowed Arlesey to clear. The 32nd minute saw the Wares make their mark and Goooooooaaaaaaallllll The goal came from a corner as Rio hit a shot that smacked the far post but George followed up to slot home (1-0). In the 36th a goal for Arlesey from a cross, the ball went all the way across the goalmouth to the 11 who shoots past Davies (1-1), kills the Wares momentum. Nearing the end of the first half Arlesey stick a 25 yard free kick that evaded everyone into the bottom corner. Just before the half time whistle and in added time Tyriq had a dipping shot that the keeper did well to save and from a corner Ryan shot wide. 


HT: 1–2


The wares had to start well and so they did. Some good play and pushed forward to put Arlesey under pressure and in the 49th minute a penalty was awarded to the Wares. Tyriq stepped up to dispatch the spot kick into the back of the net Gooooooaaaaaallllll and 2-2. The Wares continued to apply the pressure and on 62 Tyriq shot but the keeper saved. In the 70th Ryan earned himself a booking. The Wares still probing and on the 73rd Lolu had an attempt at goal but only into the keeper’s arms. Seconds later Ivan come on for Rio. The Wares firm in the attacking mindset gave away another goal in the 75th, similar goal to their second as the ball went across the goal and the 11 smashed it home (2-3). As the game drew to a close the Wares picked up the pace for the equaliser now. In the 80th a cross from Sam is headed back to Ivan but the keeper collects. Entering into the final phase with 10to go the Wares have most of the possession but are unable to do anything with it.


FT: 2-3