Cockfosters F.C. 1-2 Edgware Town F.C.


League game played away on Tuesday 15th January 2019


Conor Beatie 

Sam Addae

David Sota

Paul Marks

George McCluskey

Ryan Carruthers

Ethan Mooney

Tyrone Mulholland

Thomas Fisher

Steven Benavides

Rio Beech

William Tadjali

Martin Flannery

Fergus Moore


A much improved second half from Cockfosters who put the Wares under a lot of pressure but in the end the win was well deserved as the Wares should have been out of sight by half time. How the game was only 1-0 in the first 15 minutes was surprising, the Cockfosters keeper had the game of his life but Cockfosters did looked dangerous on occasions. 


Within the 1st minute Steven with a good run and shot nearly put the Wares in front. In the 2nd minute Tom has a header that goes just wide and a few seconds later Goooooooooaaaaaaaaalllllll Another good run from Steven and his pass finds Tom who shoots into the bottom corner (1-0). On 4 minutes Cockfosters reply with a shot that Conor saves. Minutes later another good run and shot from Steven deflects for a corner and from that George’’s header is cleared off the line. 17 gone and a shot from Cockfosters was straight at Conor. Midway into the first half the Wares had a corner and the Cockfosters keeper makes two good saves. Shortly after that Ryan has a shot from outside the area but was well saved by the keeper. Moments later from a corner Marksy has a diving header saved by the keeper and Tom has a shot saved. The Wares press until the end of the first half.


HT: 0-1


It took a little while fo the game to get going but when it did it was in the 49th minute when Cockfosters shoot at goal but comfortably saved by Conor. The ease in which the Wares played in the first half was thawed by change in the Cockfosters formation. In the 61st minute Tom came off for William. The game struggled to show any goal mouth action and only half chances were created. In the 66th minute the Wares were being pressed in midfield and to relive the pressure the ball was passed back to Conor in the arch of the goal. Conor came out to clear it missing it completely as the ball bobbled over his foot and roll toward goal and was going in for sure. The Cockfosters forward however, made sure when he followed it up and smashed it in the goal from a couple of centimetres out to put his name on the score sheet (1-1). The Wares then decided to step up a gear and on 70 Gooooooooaaaaalllllll. A long ball from David evades the defender and Steven sneaks in for his second (2-1). A couple more chances go to the Wares and Cockfosters then try to put a bit of pressure on but to no avail. In the 89th minute Tyrone gets yellow.


FT: 1-2