Edgware Town 2-5 Hayes & Yeading


MSCC Game played at home Saturday 17th October   


  1. Greg Ellingham
  2. Sam Addae
  3. David Sota
  4. Perry Aitchison
  5. Mark Burgess
  6. Ryan Carruthers
  7. Andrew Manitou
  8. Sam Odusoga
  9. Claudio Tipote
  10. Rio Beech
  11. Steven Benavides
  12. Mikkel James
  13. Alfie Hill
  14. Fergus Moore


A rapid start from Hayes gave them an early 1-0 lead. Hayes added to their lead on 27 minutes when they found the bottom corner with a composed finish. Hayes ended the half strongly but were unable to add to their lead. An early second half penalty made it 3-0 and ultimately put the momentum in Hayes hand’s as they added two more to make it 5-0. Two late consolation goals reduced the deficit to 5-2, but it was Hayes who found themselves in the next round of the cup.


The game started like any Cup game would be expected to, with high intensity shown by both sides, but it was Hayes who raced into an early lead on four minutes. The game started to settle after the goal, with chances hard to come by, until an acrobatic effort from Steven nearly crept its way in. The first corner of the game came from Hayes who broke into the Ware box and found goal scorer whose effort was palmed away for a corner. Hayes became a real threat and got a second on 27 minutes finding the bottom corner. They were nearly in again when Toomley almost went from provider to scorer when he broke through only for Ellingham to gather. The Wares were struggling to find chances until a Sam Odusoga’s free kick smashed the frame of the goal on 34 minutes and then it was Steven’ turn to have a chance on 39 minutes when his shot just went wide of the post. It was almost three for Hayes, right on the stroke of halftime when their number 10 sent the ball wide from a header.


HT - 0–2


The Wares started the second half strongly and almost reduced the deficit when a powerful effort from Sam Addae was just gathered by Luke Daley. But it was Hayes who were to get the next goal with a penalty to take the tie away from Edgware. It got worse on 58 minutes when they finished from a corner to make it 4-0. Shortly after the Wares made their first change when Andrew came off for Mikel. Evans added to his tally for Hayes when he made it 5-0 on 63 minutes.  The Wares gained a bit of momentum as they looked for a consolation goal, with Mikkel rounding the keeper on 78 minutes and laying it off to Ryan only for his effort to be blocked. But it wasn’t long before that goal came about when Davids’s attempted cross somehow found its way into Hayes goal. This was shortly followed by Alfie coming on for Claudio. The Wares found yet another consolation goal, when Alfie found the net with a tidy finish, but it was only enough to make the score a little more respectable for Edgware as they went out of the cup.


HT - 2–5