Harefield 3-2 Edgware Town



League Challenge Trophy game played away Tuesday 28th August


  1. Sam Irish
  2. Sam Addae
  3. David Sota
  4. Paul Marks
  5. Perry Aitchison
  6. Ryan Carruthers  
  7. Claudio Tipote
  8. Dan Pett
  9. Tomasz Siemienzuck
  10. Rio Beech
  11. Omalolu Onabolu
  12. Ethan Mooney
  13. Hani Berchiche
  14. Ben Gray
  15. Fergus Moore


A game were luck played the greater part


Harefield started very strongly in the first 5 minutes, the Wares seemed shocked. Although Harefield shot from distance in the first 15 minutes, Edgware were getting into the game and look dangerous moving forward. A corner was awarded in the 13th minute that struck the Harefield centre forward on the back to deflect into the goal 1-0. After several dangerous moves by the Wares, Tomasz on 19 minutes latched on to a ball, drove passed the 2 centre backs and smashed a ball into the back of the net from just inside the area 1-1. A long delay caused by an injury to a Harefield player seemed to take the wind out of the Wares momentum. In the 42nd minute Harefield were awarded a free kick in a central area, delivered wide to come back into the box to a very optimistic centre back using an overhead kick to score into the top corner 2-1. 


HT - 2–1


There was expectation in the air and the Wares didn’t disappoint at the start of the second half. Within the first 3 minutes Edgware were very positive and gained a penalty. Dan stepped up and put it over the bar. The Wares continue to push forward and in the 51st minute Lolu receives the ball just outside the 6 yard area and clips the ball over the the keeper into the goal at the far post 2-2. Edgware continue to dominate possession leaving Harefield with the occasional counter attack. On 57 minutes Harefield were inexplicably awarded a free kick in a central area just outside the box. A well taken kick makes it 3-2. Claudio makes way for Ethan in the 61st minute and minutes later Ethan forces a save from the keeper. Hani comes on for Rio in the 71st. It was pretty much all Edgware Town from then on. With 8 minutes of normal time left the Wares score a goal only to be disallowed for a foul on the keeper by his own centre back and behind the goal-line. The game ends but not from a lack of trying.  


FT - 3-2