Cockfosters  0-1 Edgware Town 


League game played away Tuesday 31tst October  


  1. Cain Davies 
  2. Ben Gray 
  3. Alfie Hill
  4. Mark Burgess
  5. Tommy Walsh 
  6. Tom Rivet
  7. Ryan Caruthers
  8. Dan Pett
  9. Mikkel James 
  10. Rio Beech
  11. Omalolu Onabolu
  12. Luke Durnin
  13. Mohamed Koroma
  14. Ikenna Okechukwu
  15. Fergus Moore


An even game overall. Cockfosters had the better chances and slightly more possession in the second half but it was a solid performance by the Wares. Both teams had 6 attempts at goal.


Not a lot happened in the first 15 minutes and the game was in the balance for most of that time. It was only in the 21st minute that the first attempt at goal was had as Pett tried his luck. Within the next 3 minutes both teams had attempts at goal. In the 27th minute Cockfosters had an excellent opportunity to go ahead if it wasn’t for the great reactions from Davies. A further 2 shots at goal were had before half time, one came from James on 34 and the other was Rivet on the stroke. A fairly even half in terms of possession. Within 3 minutes of the first half finishing there were some crunching tackles which led to several injuries all mainly CFFC. In fact within minutes of the first one CFFC were forced to make their first substitution. A long first half. 


HT - 0–0


The first 15 or so minutes of the second half Rivet picked up a yellow for a sliding block deemed to be out of control and dangerous, the referee having left his senses in the changng room. The next 10 minutes CFFC piled on the pressure and had 4 corners, a free kick and 2 shots at goal. With backs to the wall the Wares weathered the storm very well and in composed fashion. In the 75th minute James picked up a yellow card for being pushed over by 2 players in the Cockfosters box when in fact the referee should have awarded a penalty. Durnin on for Beech in the 77th minute help build a little but of positive psychology and the Wares gained a little momentum. 2 minutes later a ball was cleared to the edge of the Fosters box for Lolu to chest down and strike a half volley into the top corner 0-1. Within 5 minutes a ball was whipped across the face of goal only to evade everyone. CCFC then got hold of the game and fired a couple of attempts at goal. In the last 10 minutes the Wares had an attempt at goal and as the ball was being cleared Rivet put in another sliding tackle, as play was allowed to continue CCFC being on the counter but led to nothing. The referee then fortunately cautioned Pett for the slide tackle. In the 93rd minute James delayed the start of play to gain himself a second yellow card before the game finished. A good 3 points.


FT - 0–1