Edgware Town 2-2 Oxhey Jets 



SSML League game played away


  1. Cain Davies 
  2. Sam Addae
  3. Rio Beech
  4. Perry Aitchison
  5. Fergus Moore
  6. Andrew Manitou
  7. Ryan Carruthers
  8. Dan Pett
  9. Mikkel James
  10. Luke Durnin
  11. Omalolu Onabolu
  12. Thomas Rivet
  13. Taylor Montgomery
  14. Reon Thomas
  15. Ben Gray
  16. Maudele Gbo


The Wares played well, played some good football and had majority of possession up until Beech’s sending-off. The Wares had 12 attempts at goal to their 9 despite somehow giving away 20 free kicks, 4 yellow cards and having a player sent off. Taking nothing away from the Jets who were more accurate infront of goal. Unfortunately the referee had the most influence in the game and it seemed wanted to be more involved than should have been. 


A good first 5 minutes in the first half and shading possession but managing to give away (in the refs opinion) 2 free kicks in this time, the scene was set.  In the next 3 minutes the Wares had 2 shots on goal that were fired over the bar and a very dangerous strike  from the Jets that hit the post to bounced back into play and be cleared. Another 3 Jets free kicks later the Wares went on the rampage with a lovely move into the final third setting up a shot from Pett just outside the box and only just over the bar. The wares continued controlling the game and were awarded a corner. From the resulting kick the ball was cleared out to Durnin lurking 35 yards out hitting a volley straight into the top corner 1-0. Several Jets free kicks later the Wares pushed again in a spell that saw both Caruthers and James have attempts at goal. The Jets then attempted another shot at goal from about 30 yards to take a deflection and beat Davies 1-1.  The game then ebbed and flowed with both teams trying to take control with several shots to either side. A minute before the end of the first half Lolu hit a thunderous strike to force an excellent save by the Jets keeper.


HT 1-1


On 45 minutes Luke had been substituted for Rivet. The second half started with both teams having strikes at goal within the first 5 minutes. The Jets had their best spell of the game from then on. Two shots at goal with one forcing Davies to get down quick and push away. On the 59th minute Beech was cautioned for a foul just inside the Jets half. The caution can only be described as farcical which led to a second but this time deserved caution for a late challenge. It seemed that the first yellow made him see red for the previous injustice. Caruthers sacrificing his place was replaced by Gray taking up Beech’s position at left back. The Jets now with a man up started to dominate possession. James made way for Thomas up front on 68 minutes before the Jets took advantage of the numerical superiority to score 71 minutes in 2-1. Despite a man down the Wares made forays into the Jets final third with some good play only to have a ball cleared off the line with 4 minutes to go. The jets were holding on at this point and a free-kick was awarded just outside the box in the 94th minute, Pett and Lolu both standing over the ball. The whistle blew and Lolu struck the ball past the keepers left hand side and into the top corner 2-2.


FT 2-2