Edgware Town 2-1 Loughton Manor 


 League Challange Trophy


  1. Cain Davies 
  2. Ben Gray
  3. Alfie Hill
  4. Perry Aitchison
  5. Nick Turner
  6. Andrew Manitou
  7. Ethan Mooney
  8. Dan Pett
  9. Omalolu Onabolu
  10. Luke Durnin
  11. Rio Beech
  12. Mikkel James
  13. Taylor Montgomery
  14. Reon Thomas
  15. Thomas Rivet
  16. Fergus More



The game was very much in Edgware’s favour with some long periods of possession and some excellent football on the ground, building up pressure in the opposition final third. The Wares mixed play up which kept Loughton Manor on the back foot restricting them to very little. The Wares had 13 shots on goal to their 7 and 9 corners to their 4.


The first shot at goal came from the visitors and within 5 minutes the Wares had a shot at goal and a corner. The next 10 minutes saw the Wares grow into the game culminating with a goal scored by Mooney on 12 minutes scoring from a lose ball in the box 1-0. The game continued with no-one really getting a hold of it. The Wares grew back into the game and dominated their opposition for a good 15 minutes with the majority of play in the opposition half however, with no real penetration. The next bit of goal mouth action was a Loughton Manor break-away resulting in a tame shot at goal. The last 5 minutes or so of the half, Loughton Manor put on some pressure trying to get back into the game leaving themselves vulnerable to a counter. This lead to a sharp break in the last minute for a great cross from Lolu to find Dan Pett in the area to head just wide. 


HT 1-0


Loughton came out of the blocks a lot brighter of the two sides. For 10 minutes the away side had a corner, free kick and a shot a goal. The only real positive of the Wares was a free kick just outside the area which was shot straight at the keeper. A lull in play forced by an injury to Manitou turned the tide. The Wares got themselves back into the game and immediately took advantage of the situation with a great cross delivered by Hill this time to find Pett in excellent stride to header home 2-0. James on for the injured Manitou didn’t change much as the Wares continued to have possession and trying to penetrate the Loughton defence. Loughton then went on a break which led to a corner. The resulting corner kick on 66 minutes was whipped into the box and was met with a thunderous volley to hit the back of the net 2-1. The away side with their tails up, picked up a little which created an opportunity for a shot at goal which was push over the bar by Davies. A couple of subs later for both teams with Lolu coming off for Thomas saw the Wares build their final 10 minutes of play with continued pressure and several half chances to score another.    


FT 2-1