Edgware Town 2-3 Stotfold 


1.Cain Davies 

2.Sam Addae

3.David Sota

4.Perry Aitchison

5.Michael Kinsella

6.Andrew Manitou

7.Ethan Mooney

8.Tom Rivet

9.Adam Wallace

10.Omololu Onaolu

11.Rio Beech

12.Dennis Marhajan

12.Alfie Hill

14.Reon Thomas

15.Ben Gray

Gk Darren Bonfield



A rather disappointing match when hosting a team that were set up to be disruptive. Within the first minutes of the game Stotfold conceded a free kick even though the visitors started as the better side for the first 10 minutes and scoring in the 10th minute 0-1. This was an ominous start. The Wares were awarded a free kick just in side the Stotfold half and scored from the resulting play with Ethan adding to his tally of goals for the season 1-1. The next 10 minutes or so were taken up by some excellent possession from the Wares despite several fouls from Stotfold. This however came to nothing and Stotfold managed to bundle in a loose ball in the box up the other end after a swift counter attack in the 25th minute 1-2. After several minutes of attacking play from Stotfold and a few lucky escapes for the wares trying to clear the ball from danger the Wares went on the break finishing with a well taken goal by Lolu 2-2. Stotfold continued to put the pressure on, particularly down their left; a battle in that zone that eventually saw 2 yellow cards for Sam. The first could have been avoided for petulance but the second was given for a theatrical display on the part of the Stotfold numer11 who completely fooled the referee. Shock, confusion, a man down and a reshuffle of positions allowed Stotfold to continue to put the Wares under pressure and almost inevitable leading to their 3rd goal which was a shot from distance to take a deflection over Cain 2-3.    


HT 2-3



Stotfold continue to questionably break up the game leading to several free kicks for the Wares and a couple of yellow cards for the away side. During this time Edgware managed a several attempts at goal. On the 62nd minute a second yellow was given to a Stotfold player evening up numbers. A further good spell of possession from the Wares forced another second yellow for Stotfold player in the 66th minute. From there the Wares were on top and not for the lack of trying and taking goal scoring opportunities it wasn’t to be. On the 75th minute Dennis came on for Perry and the Wares continued their attempts to equalise. Several wides attempts, some good saves from their keeper and shot that hit the underside of the bar all contributed to a frustrating last quarter and made sure that the second-half remained goalless. 


FT 2-3